IBADD 2020 Sessions and Workshops
Embrace your desires and clearly identify WHAT you really want
Develop true confidence and psychology to achieve lasting success
Create a concrete plan and be motivated to follow through
Learn how to apply an Agile approach to analytics and deliver value sooner.
Attendees will create personal action plans to develop their hardiness and resiliency to adjust and adapt to challenges, effectively manage the stress associated with change and lead their teams forward with optimism rather than negativity.
• Inside your organization
• Outside your organization
• From the business side
• Former Business Analysts
Discuss Pros and Cons of each background type:
• Share my list of Pros and Cons
• Have attendees break into small groups each taking a specific background type
• Bring the attendees back together to share their findings with the entire group
• Gain a new perspective on the Business Analysis Career Path
• Identify the Business Analysts Hiding in Plain Sight
• Learn Why and How Business Analysis Will Shape the Future of Business
• What makes a good big-data program manager
• Impact of Big Data/Automation on the future of work
• Understanding the basics of Big Data and Analytics Familiarity with components such as Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
• Get started with your big data project Big data program milestones
Too much design up front and you are bumping into the design all of the time (and losing time). Not enough design and your system can crumble in reality. How do you blend architecture so you have the right decisions at the right time, and give them enough due dilligence? How do you embrace cloud and microservices and not risk getting into different failure scenarios or overly complicated maintenance and ripple effects?
In this session we will walk through visualizations that help teams blend product thinking with architecture. Along the way, we will look at microservices and domain modeling as well as chaos engineering and fault tolerance - blending all of these into a context that is consumable by all and gives the right emphasis at the right time.
Leave this session with simple visualizations and approaches that you can apply immediately to start blending product with architecture, especially if you are looking to run in a cloud world.
• Understand the challenge of virtual teams
• Learn the 3 core pillars of connection in virtual teams
• Practice skills for creating bonds in virtual team
• Learn tools that can help
• Identify the similarities and differences in the roles
• Learn about common collaboration patterns
• Review how teams can improve collaboration to build a healthy backlog
• Discuss how teams can resolve current partnership challenges
• Understanding the changing landscape in DevOps
• Reviewing the skill gaps for Business Analysts
• Preparing for the shift in duties
• Learn how Microsoft Flow can automate both complex and simple tasks
• Convert Visio flowcharts into Flows
• Execute process steps using Flow
• How to align teams to value streams
• How to coordinate work that impact several value streams
• Customer journey mapping
• How to confidently communicate upwards with managers, stakeholders, and key officers.
• Exact communication tools to take your career to the next level.
• How to overcome generational differences that are creating conflict in the workplace.
• Communication strategies to help position you and your team as credible in all circumstances.
• Strategies for writing more effective emails.
• How to deal with negative reviews and other awkward office moments.
• Understand the five activities that make an agile business analyst.
• Learn about techniques you can use to help your team be more effective
• Consider how to apply these ideas to your project next week.
What will attendees learn:
• How to Build a foundation of trust
• Grow through positive conflict
• Construct commitment
• Build in accountability
• Focus on and measure team/organizational results
• Learn about your thinking preferences
• Understand the spectrum of thinking styles
• Appreciate how social experiences affect communication
• “Send” more effectively; “receive” with better understanding
• Learn how to decide what tests to automate
• Learn pitfalls in test automation to avoid tedious maintenance
• Understand how AI/ML can help clear noise from your pipeline (live examples)
• Key consideration for retiring aged test scripts
• Identify your leadership foundation
• Understand value-based leadership and align your actions accordingly
• Develop, communicate, and leading with a compelling vision
• Learn how to lead others, build collaboration, teamwork, and trust
• Regulate the organizational temperature so you and others are motivated to do their best
• Learn how to model the way for your team
• Influence your team members to guide their growth
• Start encouraging experiments to amplify team learning
By attending this course, participants will:
• Encounter a memorable approach for living your values at work
• Gain practical, easy-to-apply tips and techniques to help you on a day-to-day basis
This talk will show attendees a practical way to start measuring business value and validate that they are continuously improving their products.
Simple groupings of metrics along with examples and moving to better metrics
• Networking for work
• Requirements gathering techniques that inform
• Finding a connection with co-workers
• Pre-wire meetings for better results
Learn about making the shift away from project thinking to product thinking. Equip you with some tools for changing your mindset.
• Improved teamwork,
• ability to lead virtual teams,
• improved communication and
• a ability to connect with your team members
This talk focuses on learning how to gather better requirements. Solutions are usually what is presented not what the requester is really trying to do. How to look for what isn't being said and to ask the right questions so that the best solution is delivered the first time.
• Discover the reasons why certification might be beneficial
• Learn which different Business Analysis certifications are available
• Help you to understand the requirements for each certification, so you can choose the right one for you
• Understand the changing role of the BA.
• Understand potential career options.
• Understand skills to acquire for future options.
• Demonstrate that reducing work in progress improves productivity
• Learn when, why, and how to say “no” to incoming work requests
• Describe the purpose and use of Kanban boards
• Assess the effects of multi-tasking on productivity
• Understanding the Product Owner role in Scrum
• Operational Agility vs Strategic Agility
• Actionable practices to unlock strategic agility
• To understand the research and behavioral science behind why organizational and personal change efforts often lose steam, and why people are more apt to fight against change or quit mid-stream.
• To explore and apply the 4 Laws of Behavior Change to personal change goals so we better understand how these laws would apply to organizational change goals.
• To explore and understand the impact your environment has on change and how to build environments that support the changes we want.
• To provide exposure to a tool that can assist individuals and organizations in driving the change they want to achieve.
• Obtain a new perspective through real-life application of a product oriented company and many specific examples
• Think differently about the work you do every day and how you gather customer needs
• Gain an understanding of how an clear and articulate vision is the foundation of success (outcome oriented)
• Help your company avoid impending disruption
• To understand the research and behavioral science behind why organizational change efforts are so challenging to complete successfully.
• To understand the role leaders and influencers have in explaining and stewarding change management efforts to improve their odds of success
• To understand that organizational change can best be accomplished through viewing it through the eyes of the individual, understanding the new habits they'll need to adopt, and providing resources to help them make the jump to those success habits.
Learn lessons about asking questions, getting information from stakeholders, working together as a team. Also how to know when you are done, it is easy to keep going, so how do you know when you are actually done? Well for now....
• Gain understanding of the Scrum Master role and responsibilities.
• Learn more about the qualities and attributes of a Scrum Master.
• Determine if the Scrum Master role could be part of your career path.
• How to recognize and leverage individual unique strengths on your team
• Explore how to apply the latest research on human and team dynamics in order to improve inclusivity and reduce unhealthy conflict
• How to combine Business Analysis techniques with first principles thinking to identify new opportunities to optimize how a team works together
• Help teams, departments, and organizations structure and organize their delivery teams around customer value.
• How to scale delivery vs scale demand.